Monday, March 14, 2016

youngsters on the beach painting by Sally Swatland. Sally was born in 1946 in Washington, DC and moved to Greenwich, Connecticut, when she was seven years old. They shared a passion with her family members for beaches, sunshine and fresh air. Most summer season days had been spent on the beach playing in tidal pools, minnows chase, collecting shells and exploring.

studying

with a degree in art from Mount St. Vincent College Right after high school she went to formal figure for six years drawing (1969-1974) at the Art Students League of New York. Sally married in their mid-twenties, and painted her 1st "beach scene" even though she was pregnant with her 1st kid. Sally remembers very well the time:

It was some thing of a coincidence that I believed to paint on kids on the beach. I had studied figure and landscape painting at the Art Students League and I was hunting at something on a subject that interests me. Whilst I was pregnant with my 1st youngster, 1 day I went to the beach with my mother and took to play in puddles some photos of children. I went house and painted a tiny picture and showed it to some folks. The response was really encouraging. She liked the feeling of the painting. I painted a few far more this summer time.
















Tagged: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment